Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
White chocolate is the ingredient that provides a soft, creamy texture to this hot cocoa mix that's rich and chocolaty...and ready in less than five minutes. Recipe by Jeremy Sauer.
- Combine ingredients in large bowl.
- Working in two batches, pulse ingredients in food processor until chocolate is finely ground.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Too make hot cocoa, stir 1/3 cup of the mix into 1 cup of hot (not boiling) milk.
- Top with whipped cream or mini marshmallows and a little chocolate powder. I sometimes use cinnamon or nutmeg powder, instead. A little brandy and a crackling fire make for a real treat!
I was JUST about to post this amazing recipe that I saw this morning on the www.cookscountry.com website and VOILA! Here it is. Here's what is said on the website: "Best-Ever Hot Cocoa Mix - Forget about the watery hot cocoa with dehydrated marshmallows you sipped as a kid--our instant hot cocoa recipe is creamy, rich, and big on chocolate flavor. Test Kitchen Discoveries - Nonfat dry milk adds a sweet dairy flavor to the cocoa, especially if you reconstitute the mix with hot milk instead of hot water. Confectioners sugar works best in this recipe--it dissolves quickly and the cornstarch (an ingredient manufacturers add to the sugar to prevent clumping) helps thicken the cocoa. White chocolate provided our cocoa with a soft, creamy texture and pushes the chocolate flavor to new heights." Thanks for posting. :-)
I used coffee creamer and dark chocolate cocoa powder...I was afraid it would be too bitter, so I added a little extra sugar, which was not necessary. It was really sweet, which was totally fine with my 7 yr old. I made with water, because that's how he likes it. This is a keeper!
This is fabulous! My family absolutely loves it. Beats that store bought stuff to pieces! I really love the addition of the white chocolate chips. A very rich, smooth and chocolatey hot chocolate. Thank you! <br/><br/>Cathy