Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
For those who really LOVE chocolate, try 4 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate in place of the semisweet chips.
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- chocolate whipped cream
- chocolate-filled cookie (optional)
- In pot, combine milk, water, dry milk powder, chocolate chips, sugar and cornstarch.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Top each serving with whipped topping and a cookie.
It was too sweet for my taste. Another time I will omit the sugar. The texture was great. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Potluck tag game
A rich, filling, yummy hot chocolate! I halved the recipe easily and served with whipped cream and an oreo cookie, which sunk into the chocolate, so I had to eat it! Thanks Lainey!