Recipe by Petroushka
Everyone we know loves this easy-to-make mayonnaise and asks us for the recipe. Now it is here for them. Use the very best eggs you can buy. This is the first recipe I have posted. I hope you like it and use it as much as we do. By the way, the 32 servings are tablespoons.
Top Review by EyeGuy
This really is very good. Most of the mayo recipes I'd tried didn't have a good "bite" but this is just sharp enough with a clean flavor. Very easy to make in a quart jar with a stick blender. I did not find it too salty at all ( be sure to use level teaspoon measures ;-) ).
- 2 large free-range eggs (the freshest you can get)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (Keen's)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil (or slightly less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first four ingredients in a food processor or blender, and buzz them for 30-40 seconds.
- With the motor still running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream (like string).
- When all the oil is incorporated, keep running the machine for another 10-20 seconds.
- Refrigerate the mayonnaise. If your eggs are ultra fresh, the mayonnaise can keep for two to three weeks.