Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a combination of 2 recipes and it's Delicious. Not too HOT and Not too MILD. Just right for a real Chili LOVER! Great on a COLD winter Day!
- 4 (12 ounce) cans pink kidney beans (drained)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chili hot beans (do not drain these)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 small green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (optional) or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons medium chili powder or 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes chili seasoning mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup (do not add water)
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (keeps the tomato sauce from being so tangy)
- 2 lbs ground chuck (cooked and drained of all grease, I cook my Onions and Peppers with my Meat and then add the spices)
- Cook the ground chuck, onions, & pepper until done.
- Add spices to the mixture and mix well.
- Place in a LARGE Soup kettle and add the Beans, Tomatoes and Sauce. Stir, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on LOW to MED heat (no higher) for around 20 minutes, making sure you stir the bottom. (Beans may stick).
- Serve with Mexican Cornbread or Crackers.