Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
creamy potato hashbrown caserole. I love cheesy potatoes, and I had these at a potluck; I think they are the best I've ever had!
- 1 (2 lb) package hash brown potatoes, frozen
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups cereal, cornflakes
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Place in greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 1 hour at 375.
This is a great Hashbrown Casserole recipe. I have made several similar to this, but the cornflakes are always added to the top with melted butter over them. I didn't but the butter in the potatoes, but I did melt it and pour over the cornflakes. It was very good! Hashbrown Potato Casserole is similar only a lot less calories. I don't think you can hardly tell the difference.
This is indeed Better, than any of the others!!!
My from now on recipe. Thanks for sharing.
BTW I did not have any Cornflakes,but from another recipe for a cookie had Rice Crispies. I sprinkles them over the top and they gave a wonderful crisp topping.
We love this recipe! It truly is the Best Ever Hashbrown Casserole! Thank You for the great recipe!