Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a one dish meal, it can be served for any meal of the day.
- 2 lbs pork sausage (I use 1 hot & 1 mild pork sausage)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces French onion dip
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 30 ounces hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook and drain sausage; set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Put half the mixture in 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle sausage over this.
- Top with remaining potato mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
This was a very RICH tasting recipe. My family liked it, but I think it will go over as a side dish, as too much is not a good thing. Needs a big salad and some crusty bread to go with a modest serving of it, and it will fair better! Well done and thank you!
This recipe is almost too rich. A small serving is definitely in order with this dish. The taste was delicious and we loved the addition of the sausage. To accompany the casserole, I served a simple green salad and french bread.