Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't get an invite to any family or friend bar-b-cue without the request that I be "in charge" of the corn!! Once you've tried this corn I know you'll agree. Grilling brings out the sweetness of the corn along with the smoky kick of the chili powder and bacon. Delicious!!
- 12 ears corn on the cob, with husks
- 12 slices lean bacon, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 pieces aluminum foil, approximately 12in .x 12in
- Pull off dry outer husks of corn and discard.
- Hold ear of corn by the cob and pull husks down to reveal corn.
- Remove corn silk while running corn under cold water.
- Dry corn and rub with chili powder and black pepper.
- Wrap bacon slice around corn.
- Pull husks back over corn and wrap whole ensemble with foil.
- Grill over hot coals approximately 15 minutes turning frequently.
- Let corn relax in foil for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, husks and serve!
Nice corn. We usually cook our corn for 30 minutes on the grill so I was a little bit skeptical about only cooking for 15 minutes but letting it set for 20 minutes did the trick. It was done perfectly. It was a bit of a hassle to remove the husks with the corn being hot. Next time I will add 2 slices of bacon to each ear of corn. I thought it would have a bit more of a smoky flavor. Thanks for a nice creative recipe.