Recipe by senseicheryl
I don't get an invite to any family or friend bar-b-cue without the request that I be "in charge" of the corn!! Once you've tried this corn I know you'll agree. Grilling brings out the sweetness of the corn along with the smoky kick of the chili powder and bacon. Delicious!!
Top Review by happynana
Nice corn. We usually cook our corn for 30 minutes on the grill so I was a little bit skeptical about only cooking for 15 minutes but letting it set for 20 minutes did the trick. It was done perfectly. It was a bit of a hassle to remove the husks with the corn being hot. Next time I will add 2 slices of bacon to each ear of corn. I thought it would have a bit more of a smoky flavor. Thanks for a nice creative recipe.
- 12 ears corn on the cob, with husks
- 12 slices lean bacon, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 pieces aluminum foil, approximately 12in .x 12in
Directions See How It's Made
- Pull off dry outer husks of corn and discard.
- Hold ear of corn by the cob and pull husks down to reveal corn.
- Remove corn silk while running corn under cold water.
- Dry corn and rub with chili powder and black pepper.
- Wrap bacon slice around corn.
- Pull husks back over corn and wrap whole ensemble with foil.
- Grill over hot coals approximately 15 minutes turning frequently.
- Let corn relax in foil for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, husks and serve!