Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another tasty recipe from CBC's Best Ever Recipe cooking show with modification.
Make and share this Best Ever Grilled Chicken Barley Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 158.51 ml pearl barley
- 354.88 ml chopped trimmed green beans
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, quartered
- 59.14 ml finely minced red onion
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 59.14 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml wine vinegar
- juice of one lemon
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Vinaigrette: In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Transfer 2 tbsp to large shallow dish; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 8 hours.).
- Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling water, cover and cook barley for 20 minutes. Add green beans; cook until tender-crisp and barley is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain well and toss with vinaigrette.
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Cut into cubes.
- Add chicken to barley mixture. Add tomatoes, onion and basil; toss to combine.
- Serve 4 for lunch or, as I did, serves 2 for dinner.