Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Forget any cans of soup. This green been casserole has way more flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 24 ounces frozen green beans
- 1 can cheddar fried onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Steam green beans according to package.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, and cook for one minute. Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. Add cooked green beans and half of the can of fried onions,stir to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 casserole dish. Spread shredded cheese over the top. Then top with remaining fried onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden and cheese is bubbly.
I'll take the cream of mushroom soup green bean casserole recipe over this one any day.