Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is so easy, and you can modify it any way you like. chewy, crispy, chocolate or not, just throw in whatever you have in your cupboard! they're a great treat and they're fairly healthy too!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3⁄4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- You seriously can switch it up however you like. for chewier bars, use 3 cups oats and no rice krispies. I usually throw in a little vanilla, peanut butter, sesame seeds, any other chopped nuts, a couple tablespoons of brown sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon, maybe some coconut or raisins.
- mix all together.
- grease a small cookie sheet and flatten down (if the pan is too large, just use half of it, the bars won't spread).
- Press down firmly.
- Bake on 325 degrees for about 20 minutes (just browned around the edges). Bake longer if you prefer crispier bars.
Wow! While I'm not quite sure I'd call these healthy, they sure are an easy tasty treat for lunchboxes and snacks. I used a cup old fashioned oats, 1 cup quick oats, and a cup of rice krispies. I used over a cup pf shelled sunflower seeds and no other nuts. I did sprinkle in 2 heaping tablespoons of powdered peanut butter for flavor, and my sweetened condensed milk was fat free. Oh, and I may have been generous with the chocolate chips, too! These are sweet and crunchy and a little bit goes a long way. I'm sure I'll make this again when I need something I can throw together quickly with pantry staples. Thanks so much!