Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very refreshing drink courtesy of The Blue Ginger, Wellesley, Mass.
- 1 quart club soda, well chilled
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- candied ginger, for garnish
recipe for the ginger syrup (use 1/2 cup)
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh ginger, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 cups water
- Fill four glasses with club soda. Pour two tablespoons ginger syrup (see directions for making ginger syrup below) down side of each glass to create a layer of syrup on bottom. Squeeze lime wedge into each drink, garnish with a fresh lime wedge and candied ginger.
- To make the ginger syrup: in a medium saucepan over high heat, combine sugar, ginger and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until syrupy and reduced by half, about 40 to 45 minutes. Strain ginger pieces out and reserve syrup. Makes 4 cups.
- (Trick -- toss dried ginger in sugar, bake at 200 degrees until dried thru, about 4 hours and voila-ginger candy).