1/4 Photos of Best Ever Fresh Sweetcorn Salad
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
Okay, there are over 600 recipes for 'Fresh Sweetcorn Salad', but after a quick check there didn't seem to be any quite like this one, which I have made and can totally recommend. I found this one by doing a 'Google Search' and it is credited as being an adaptation of a recipe by Ina Garten and published by a foodie called Hannah. Really tasty, quick and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ear corn, shucked
- 118.29 ml red onion, small-diced
- 118.29 ml roasted red pepper, small-diced (roast your own or use store-bought for convenience)
- 44.37 ml apple cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt, kosher
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 118.29 ml fresh basil leaf, chiffonade (thinly sliced)
- 1Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- 2Break each ear of corn in half so it will fit in the pot, and cook until tender and the starchiness is just gone. Drain and immediately immerse the ears of corn in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
- 3Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, roasted red peppers, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 4Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. If you add the basil too early and let the salad sit for a long period of time before serving, it will wilt and darken.
- 5Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Fresh Sweetcorn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g