Recipe by PanNan
A lighter onion dip that tastes fabulous. Serve it with pretzels or raw veggies. Since I only make this dip with the fabulous Texas 1015 sweet onions, this recipe must be a Southwestern U.S. recipe.
Top Review by Kim D.
Wow, everyone loved this dip! My father-in-law came in town over the weekend and we grilled burgers for dinner. I whipped up this dip in the morning and put it in the refrigerator for several hours before serving. We all snacked on it until the burgers were done and everyone raved about the dip! I followed the directions exactly and I don't think I would change a thing! Definitely a keeper!
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir cream cheese and sour cream in a medium bowl until blended.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Add onion, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until onion is soft, but not browned.
- Let cool completely.
- Stir into cream cheese mixture along with sliced green onion.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- It's best if chilled over night.