Recipe by meltedcountry
I had this at a party I attended, and could not get over how moist and delicious it was. No way was I leaving without the recipe!
Top Review by Sweet PQ?
I'm sorry, but this cake just didn't do it for me. It just wasn't what I expected. I was expecting a denser cake (more like a coffee cake) and this had more of the consistency of a layer cake (light & fluffy). I think if it was baked in a 9" x 13" pan it might have been better. I did like the taste though.....
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups grated peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans (optional)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease or spray 10 inch tube pan and flour.
- For cake, combine cake mix, flour, eggs, apple juice, oil and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Fold apples and pecans into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate; cool completely.
- For frosting, combine margarine, brown sugar, white sugar ,and whipping cream in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil one minute. Remove from heat.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Add confectioner sugar and vanilla extract. Blend with wooden spoon until smooth and thick.
- Spread frosting on cake.
- Garnish with pecans, if desired.