My parents stayed at this B&B, I think in Iowa, and brought back this recipe. This is a great breakfast for company as it can be made the night before. I made it for a choir retreat and it was a big hit. Tastes good as is as well as with maple syrup. I included the time in the refrigerator in the cooking passive time. Other than that, this really is a quick breakfast.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs until well blended.
- Whisk in the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla making sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the butter.
- Slice the French Bread loaf into 3/4 inch slices and place into a 13x9 inch pan.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread and place pan in refrigerator for at least an hour but can be overnight.
- Heat griddle to medium and use cooking spray or butter to prevent sticking. Cook bread slices until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.