1/1 Photo of Best Ever French Toast-Breese Waye Inn
1 hr 10 mins
Chef by Chance's Note:
My parents stayed at this B&B, I think in Iowa, and brought back this recipe. This is a great breakfast for company as it can be made the night before. I made it for a choir retreat and it was a big hit. Tastes good as is as well as with maple syrup. I included the time in the refrigerator in the cooking passive time. Other than that, this really is a quick breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the milk and eggs until well blended.
- 2Whisk in the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla making sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3Add the butter.
- 4Slice the French Bread loaf into 3/4 inch slices and place into a 13x9 inch pan.
- 5Pour egg mixture over the bread and place pan in refrigerator for at least an hour but can be overnight.
- 6Heat griddle to medium and use cooking spray or butter to prevent sticking. Cook bread slices until golden brown.
- 7Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever French Toast-Breese Waye Inn
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.7 mg
- Sodium 475.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g