Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious classic french toast recipe handed down from my family for generations. Every time I have company over they beg me to make this delicious french toast, as its the best you will ever have. This recipe can be altered to make for larger portions
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon (trust me)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 loaf French bread, white sandwich bread, wheat bread (whichever you prefer, personally I only use wheat bread)
- in a large bowl combine eggs, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, ginger.
- Beat with whisk till blended, slowly add milk as desired consistency (you don't want it to be to eggy or too runny).
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium to medium high heat, melting the butter in pan.
- Now this is tricky you don't want the bread to absorb too much liquid you just want to QUICKLY
- Coat both sides of your bread with the mixture.
- Make sure the cinnamon is nice and clumpy on top. You can also sprinkle on cinnamon while cooking.
- Brown both sides and serve IMMEDIATELY with butter and hot syrup.
I made this tonight as the recipe says. Yes it does look strange as adding the ingredients. But, liked it! The direction about QUICKLY dip is right on. It clings so fast to the bread and makes it heavy, so do move quickly. Looks funny too while cooking. But my family liked it and ate all of it. Will I try it again? Yes.
Delicious!! I also thought (as I was adding it) the cinnamon was too much. However, it wasn't. It was sooo good!! I made it this morning for our Christmas breakfast and everyone loved it. You don't even need syrup. That's how good it is!!!
ok so yeah cinnamon x.x just do 1 1/2 tbs or else its a bit too much! i actualy didnt use a loaf of bread either . i did garnish mine with coconut, strawberry's power sugar an syrup. as well i tossed in a pinch more sugar in the batter. other then that its good just .. take it a bit easy on the cinnamon . an it should be noted (dont forget to preheat your pan!!!) an clean up was easy. I did enjoy an most likely will write this down i'm sure my sister would enjoy it.