Recipe by Jeyovanyel
A delicious classic french toast recipe handed down from my family for generations. Every time I have company over they beg me to make this delicious french toast, as its the best you will ever have. This recipe can be altered to make for larger portions
Top Review by nancy22871
I made this tonight as the recipe says. Yes it does look strange as adding the ingredients. But, liked it! The direction about QUICKLY dip is right on. It clings so fast to the bread and makes it heavy, so do move quickly. Looks funny too while cooking. But my family liked it and ate all of it. Will I try it again? Yes.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon (trust me)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 loaf French bread, white sandwich bread, wheat bread (whichever you prefer, personally I only use wheat bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large bowl combine eggs, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, ginger.
- Beat with whisk till blended, slowly add milk as desired consistency (you don't want it to be to eggy or too runny).
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium to medium high heat, melting the butter in pan.
- Now this is tricky you don't want the bread to absorb too much liquid you just want to QUICKLY
- Coat both sides of your bread with the mixture.
- Make sure the cinnamon is nice and clumpy on top. You can also sprinkle on cinnamon while cooking.
- Brown both sides and serve IMMEDIATELY with butter and hot syrup.