Prep 1 hr 4 mins
Cook 25 mins
We used to go to a restaurant here that has closed down. They made the best focaccia I have ever tasted. It was light and fluffy, not at all like a pizza crust. This is my take on it. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer when making this, I am sure a breadmaker on the dough cycle would work as well. Feel free to use different herbs. I will sprinkle parmesan cheese on top some days. Italian seasoning also works well. Serve chunks of this focaccia with a good quality olive oil & balsamic vinegar to dip it in. There was a bit of a glitch in the system when I was posting this recipe - it posted 4 times! I hope you find your way back here to let me know what you think of this focaccia.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Beat for 2 minutes, dough will form a ball.
- Place dough on a floured surface, dust top with flour (the dough will be very soft & sticky, the dusting of flour will help you handle it).
- Pat & stretch dough into 8" square.
- Place in parchment lined 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Brush with olive oil, sprinkle desired herbs on dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap & let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 400° for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan & cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with oil & vinegar to dip.