1/3 Photos of Best Ever Focaccia
1 hr 29 mins
1 hr 4 mins
We used to go to a restaurant here that has closed down. They made the best focaccia I have ever tasted. It was light and fluffy, not at all like a pizza crust. This is my take on it. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer when making this, I am sure a breadmaker on the dough cycle would work as well. Feel free to use different herbs. I will sprinkle parmesan cheese on top some days. Italian seasoning also works well. Serve chunks of this focaccia with a good quality olive oil & balsamic vinegar to dip it in. There was a bit of a glitch in the system when I was posting this recipe - it posted 4 times! I hope you find your way back here to let me know what you think of this focaccia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Mix all ingredients together.
- 2Beat for 2 minutes, dough will form a ball.
- 3Place dough on a floured surface, dust top with flour (the dough will be very soft & sticky, the dusting of flour will help you handle it).
- 4Pat & stretch dough into 8" square.
- 5Place in parchment lined 9 x 9 baking dish.
- 6Brush with olive oil, sprinkle desired herbs on dough.
- 7Cover with plastic wrap & let rise for 1 hour.
- 8Bake at 400° for about 25 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan & cool on wire rack.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature with oil & vinegar to dip.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 83.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g