Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a much shared recipe served most often at parties and potlucks but it can be easily cut down. It is simply delicious and I gaurantee you will love these beans. Downside? A little expensive but oh so worth it. Make the whole recipe and freeze some-you'll be glad you did!
- 1 lb bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (2 lb) cans pork and beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans lima beans, with ham
- 1 (15 ounce) jar onions, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup catsup
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 -6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Fry first three ingredients; drain fat.
- Mix ALL ingredients.
- Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours in 325 degree oven.
- Very easy to alter to taste; you may leave one type of bean out and add another instead!