Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This Eggplant Casserole tastes more like a Thanksgiving sage stuffing and is the best I've ever had and very simple to make.
- 2 lbs eggplants, peeled & cubed
- 1 quart breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- salt & pepper
- Soak peeled & cubed eggplant in salt water overnight.
- Steam eggplant for 30 minutes.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk and mix with eggplant.
- Add eggs & seasonings.
- Mix well by hand.
- Put in a casserole dish and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour. Enjoy!