Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The only eggnog recipe you will ever need!
- 1 dozen egg
- 4 cups light cream
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 26 ounces rye whiskey
- 5 ounces rum
- 3 ounces cognac
- 3 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Seperate eggs into 2 glass bowls-yolks in one-whites in another.
- Beat yolks with 1 1/2 cups sugar until thick and creamy-reserve the remaining 1/4 cup.
- Wash and DRY beaters and whip the whites until stiff, beat in the reserved sugar and continue until the whites hold their peaks.
- In a large punch bowl combine yolks and whites by mixing gently on low.
- Add the cream 2 cups at a time, stirring gently.
- Stir in the booze, gently.
- Sprinkle 2 t's of the nutmeg on top.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours-a yummy crust will form.
- Serve in glasses and offer a dash of the remaining nutmeg.