Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yeah right! pancakes are all the same, right? WRONG! this is a variation I came up with when i was out of butter milk. batter stores well overnight
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, well rounded
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, cooled
- sift flour with dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- beat egg together with milk and sour cream.
- stir into flour mixture. add melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- cook on hot griddle as usual.
Great pancakes. I doubled the recipe to have enough leftover. They have a great texture and taste. Thick like I like them. Thanks chefmick :) Made for Newest Zaar tag
These pancakes turned out nice with a rich butter flavor. Cut recipe in half and used eggbeaters to get half an egg. Thanks for the post.
Really enjoyed these pancakes -- the sour cream addition was a good idea. They were nice and fluffy and we served them with some agave nectar on top. Thanks for the post! Made for Fall PAC, October, 2011.