Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very similar to many recipes on here, but with the addition of lemon juice.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice or 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in milk, lemon juice, and melted butter. Stir in beaten egg.
- Cook on greased waffle iron.
These were very good...quick and easy to put together and didn't require beating egg whites. They are very light and fluffy, with a crunchy outside.
Pretty good, but pretty unhealthy. I exchanged half of the flour for whole wheat flour and it was still really good.
I made this for breakfast this moring and yum! I will be making this one again. Sad to see more people who use the recipes here do not rate them! Once I try a recipe I do rate it, hopefully this trend will catch on! Thank you for posting this recipe, it is a keeper!