My wife says this is the best Spanish Rice ever, thus the name. This is a simple compliment to any Mexican-style meal, or any meal for that matter. The secret? Jasmine rice instead of the typical long-grain rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a microwave-safe dish (I use a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup), add 2 cups water and 1 Knorr Caldo de Tomate bouillon cube. Microwave for 2 minutes to heat water. Use a wooden spoon to carefully crush and mix the cube of bouillon in the water. It does not have to be perfectly mixed in, but you do want to get it dissolved.
- 2In a 4-quart or larger saucepan on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 3Add uncooked jasmine rice and to the pan, and stir constantly until rice is browned slightly. This should take about 1 minute.
- 4Add the water carefully, and bring to a boil.
- 5Cover saucepan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- 6At the end of cooking, fluff rice with a wooden spoon. If the rice looks too damp, leave uncovered and allow to cook for a few more minutes while stirring to prevent burning.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Easy Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 163.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g