Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my Mom's recipe that she has used for years and is so easy and delicious.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken gumbo soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup mustard, to taste
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion and drain fat.
- Add the can of chicken gumbo soup, mustard, and ketchup and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture on buns and serve.
When I think of Sloppy Joes, I usually think Manwich--which I don't really care for all that much. These were much better! This is a good basic recipe that anyone can adapt to suit their own tastes. For me, the addition of some worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and a little ground coriander powder brought together all of the flavors. Very good and easy, and the kids enjoyed it, too. I'd make this again.
This is close to the same recipe we use for our sloppy joes. Minus the mustard and adding salt and pepper to taste. This is just as the title states the "Best Ever Easy Sloppy Joes". Thanks for sharing!!!
This one's a winner. A nice change of pace from the Manwich type of sloppy joe (Don't get me wrong, I enjoy those ones too). This recipe is the same recipe that my friend's Mom makes all the time. Thanks for posting.