Recipe by bulgarican
I love this lasagna. It is simple yet taste so yummy! Everyone loves it.
Top Review by allunderwater
I've used this recipe for YEARS, though I've subbed out the no-bake noodles for some whole wheat and added some italian ground sausage to the base layer. The no-bake noodles may need to cook for longer, but it's still delicious.
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg, slighty beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 -12 fresh lasagna noodles (whole foods or trader joe's) or 9 -12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 -4 cups mozzarella cheese (depending on how much you like)
- 1 (32 ounce) jaryour favorite marinara sauce (2jars if using no boil noodles, I prefer Rao's or Emeril's eggplant based sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix, ricotta, 1 cup parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, and basil until well blended and creamy.
- Layer sauce on bottom of lasagna pan, 3 noodles, thin layer of ricotta mix (approx. 3 tablespoons per noodle), mozzarella, and sauce.
- Repeat layers till last 3 noodles.
- Top last noodles with remaining sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- For fresh noodles, cook 25 minutes, remove foil and cook 15 more, cool for 10.
- For no boil noodles, cook for about 1 hour, remove foil, cook till browned (5-10 minutes) cool for 10.