Recipe by Renata the Banana
This is a great tasty dish for a BBQ with friends...
Top Review by French Tart
WOW, wow, wow! This is one of the BEST BBQ dishes I have ever eaten!!! It was out of this world and SO easy. Renata the Banana, I adopted you as my Joey in the Aussie/NZ recipe swap #19 - but with recipes like that, you can come to live with us in France!! This was eaten last night - I made it for friends, and we all devoured it - there were NO leftovers! I used 1 kilo of boned leg of lamb, a frozen NZ leg of lamb - It was perfect for 6 people. I increased the rest of the ingredients pro-rata and we ate this with assorted salads, my BBQ baby potatoes, fresh French bread and lots of robust red wine! The combination of the feta and spinach was brilliant. No photos this time as it was dark when we ate it, but Malcolm has requested this for lunch one day, so I will take some snaps then! Amazing - a real keeper! Thanks for being such a GOOD baby Roo!! FT:-)
- 500 -750 g lamb steaks
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (40mL)
- 1 cup coriander
- 1⁄2 cup mint
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (20mL)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (20 mL)
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic (5mL)
- 250 g feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely slice lamb and mix with hoi sin sauce, coriander, mint, soy sauce, brown sugar and beef stock powder. Set aside overnight if you want.
- Lay baby spinach over the bottom of a large serving platter. Lay crumbled fetta cheese on the top of it.
- Mix yogurt, Sour cream and garlic together in a bowl.
- Place lamb on hot oiled BBQ in one layer. Cook till 41st side browned (about 2 min). Turn and cook till 2nd side brown (2-3 min).
- Remove lamb and distribute evenly on top of spinach.
- Drizzle yogurt dressing over meat.