Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe several years ago from a friend. I made a few changes and my husbands Grandmother, who was an excellent cook loved this recipe. It is very easy to make and can be made and cooked in about an hour total including prep time. It also freezes well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (undrained)
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packagechili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Brown the first 5 ingredients together, then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for at least 30 minutes.