Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I loved the croutons at 'The Outback' so much, that I created a recipe that I feel has a similair taste, Now our guests beg for my ceaser salad just for the croutons!!!
- 4 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, depending on your taste (less (or more)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped (I use the chopped kind in a jar about 1/2 - 1 tsp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Cube Bread (large) 1 Slice makes approx 12 - Set Aside.
- Melt butter, garlic and seasoning in microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Add Parmesan cheese to butter mixture.
- Toast bread cubes in a toaster oven on Dark, or in the oven at 375 degrees for about 7 or 8 mins until browned.
- Allow your cubes to cool for a just a moment before tossing them in the butter mixture.
These were good! After dipping the toasted cubes into the butter mix, I then put them back in the toaster oven to crisp them up a bit. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
Super yummy! Made these with day old bread that I had made in my bread machine. Toasted them in my oven...took a little longer than called for (about 15-20 min) to get them good and hard. I guess it depends on the type of bread you use. Very good and easy! Great way to use up bread machine made bread...
Wow! I loved these croutons! We enjoyed these on grilled chicken salad. I used about 8 slices of bread and still had plenty of the butter mixture. Thanks so much!