Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is deceptively simple, yet it's my family's all-time favorite because the beef is SOOOO tender!
- 1133.98 g boneless chuck roast
- 118.29 ml red wine (cabernet or shiraz works well)
- 14.17 g package onion soup mix
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml water
- Place chuck roast in crock pot and cover with wine and onion soup mix. Cook on high for about 3 hours. Add potatoes, carrots and onions and cook until soft.
- Remove meat from the crockpot and keep warm in oven. Mix flour and water and add to remaining crockpot mixture. Allow to heat until it thickens into gravy.
- Serving suggestion: coleslaw or cucumbers in sour cream.