Recipe by KendraleighB
This recipe is deceptively simple, yet it's my family's all-time favorite because the beef is SOOOO tender!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (cabernet or shiraz works well)
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chuck roast in crock pot and cover with wine and onion soup mix. Cook on high for about 3 hours. Add potatoes, carrots and onions and cook until soft.
- Remove meat from the crockpot and keep warm in oven. Mix flour and water and add to remaining crockpot mixture. Allow to heat until it thickens into gravy.
- Serving suggestion: coleslaw or cucumbers in sour cream.