Recipe by amylou2
This is a must try!! My husband's favorite meal -- he has said he could eat this every night of the week! I was skeptical when I first tried it because it calls for horseradish - but actually instead of making the roast spicy the horseradish mellows in flavor while cooking and creates a tender, flavorful roast!
- 1 (4 lb) boneless beef chuck or 1 (4 lb) beef shoulder or 1 (4 lb) blade pot roast
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) jar prepared horseradish
- 8 small potatoes, cut in half
- 8 medium carrots, cut into fourths
- 8 small onions, skins removed and sliced
- 1 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat until brown on all sides.
- In 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, place potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Place beef on vegetables.
- In small bowl, mix horseradish, salt and pepper; spread evenly over beef.
- Pour water into slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours. Some slow cookers (like mine) cook faster so adjust time according to how you know your slow cooker usually works.
- You can adjust the vegetables to put in more or less of what you like or don't like!