Recipe by ashleyvonrock
These cream puffs are simple and the filling is to die for. I hope you enjoy my grandma's famous cream puffs. The serving size is probably a little off it's easy to eat a whole batch with 2 people. You can make these any size you want so the yield could be a little different for you.
Top Review by taylortx425
Yumyum! these taste just like the ones you buy frozen but alot cheaper! and you can make them all different sizes. The filling made so much that I had to make another batch of the puffs. We brought to our family's 4th of July get together and everyone enjoyed. Thank you for posting the recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces instant pudding mix (1 large box, flavor of your choice, I use vanilla)
- 8 ounces milk (1 cup)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (1 regular container)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- bring butter/margarine and water to a boil in medium saucepan.
- take off heat
- stir in all flour and salt until it balls up.
- let cool 10 minutes
- beat in eggs, one at a time.
- drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- bake for 15 minutes.
- reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- bake for 25 minutes.
- Do Not Open The Oven during this time.
- Start the cream filling during cooking.
- mix instant pudding with milk.
- add cool whip
- blend until smooth.
- slice open shells and fill with filling.
- sprinkle with powdered sugar.