Recipe by barefootmommawv
This recipes was orginally my DH's Grandmothers and has been tweaked by my MIL. I didn't care for cranberry salad ever till I tried this. I have been making this for years now. Its more of a Jello than a salad. Great to get kids to eat something different. It's definitely something I look forward to eating every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Great on biscuits and rolls. I make this in a large glass decorative bowl because it doesn't look good if you try to transfer it to another dish for the meals. ** Note this is best if made the night before to give time for proper set. I have a lower sugar version posted also. Suggested serving size is about 3 tablespoons.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries, sorted, rinsed and drained
- 2 small oranges, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjello raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjello cherry gelatin (black cherry works well too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 12 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In the blender puree cranberries and oranges. Add sugar to cranberry mixture and blend.
- In a large bowl dissolve jell-o into boiling water. When dissolved add ice to begin the setting process. Remove what few ice cubes that are remaining.
- Add cranberry mixture to jell-o. Mix well.
- Cover with saran wrap and set in fridge to set.