Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tasted this salad at a campgound supper near Mt. Rushmore. I pleaded with the cook to share the recipe, and now I am happy to share it with you
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups crushed chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies
- 1⁄2 cup crushed chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and pudding mix.
- Fold in Cool Whip, oranges,pineapple and two cups crushed cookies.
- Garnish with the remaining cookie crumbs.
I'm glad I decided to make this, as it was delicious! Creamy, fruity and chocolaty, all in one dessert! Instead of using Cool Whip, I whipped up two cups of heavy whipping cream, together with two teaspoons of sugar. To crush the cookies, I placed them a cup at a time inside a ziplock bag, and crushed them with a rolling pin. I'm going to make this again for our family's Christmas gathering. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe, Dee!
This is a family favorite recipe. I used an 8 oz. cool whip, 1/2 a package crushed cookies for the salad and put whole cookies over the top. Excellent!!!
Best Ever Pre- Finals Snack.