Recipe by GingerlyJ
This is an Emeril recipe.. the horseradish and the apple truly do "Kick it up a notch"
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 5 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced green onion
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish or 6 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or 1 tablespoon other coarse grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the green and red cabbages, carrots, and green onions. In a small bowl, toss the cubed apples with the lemon juice and add to the cabbage mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the seasoned vinegar mixture over the cabbage mixture and toss to thoroughly combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, and mustard and stir to combine. Add to the coleslaw and toss to combine thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.