Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think I got this recipe from The Neeleys, on Food Network. My daughter fell in love with the cupcakes and requested them for her 8th birthday party. This makes 2 dozen. I am not a coconut fan but love these cupcakes.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 158.51 ml buttermilk
- 5 eggs
- 295.73 ml butter
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract or 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml coconut extract
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 453.59 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1419.54 ml confectioners' sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract or 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Blend all cupcake ingredients in a mixer.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together except coconut.
- Frost cupcakes and top with toasted coconut.