Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This bread is an absolute necessity at my house! I bake it every Saturday morning and my family devours it with butter, honey, hazelnut spread, or even plain. Its texture is chewy and hearty while still being soft. You can leave out the cinnamon and nutmeg for a more traditional wheat/flax flavor. This bread is a hit every time!
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed (or 50/50 flax seeds and chia seeds)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In the order listed, add ingredients to bread machine. Leave out cinnamon and nutmeg if a more traditional wheat/flax flavor is desired.
- Process on the dough setting.
- Tansfer to a greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or 335 for 33 minutes for a lighter crust.