1/1 Photo of Best Ever Chocolate Pie – With Seven Minute Frosting
1 hr 30 mins
Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen's Note:
This chocolate pie is topped with 7 minute frosting. So much better than meringue !!! It is amazing. My Keno group ordered chocolate pie at a restaurant and they told us they used 7 minute frosting on top of the pie. I had to try it and it is delicious !!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CHOCOLATE PIE FILLING
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons hershey's cocoa
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
SEVEN MINUTE FROSTING (FOR TOPPING)
- 1FOR PIE CRUSTS (2 crusts).
- 2Mix flour & salt in mixing bowl.
- 3Using pastry blender, cut in Crisco until pea size.
- 4Add cold water and mix with fork.
- 5Form ball with hands. Don’t over mix.
- 6Roll out on floured pastry sheet.
- 7Bake at 375-400 until golden brown.
- 8FOR PIE FILLING (for 1 pie):.
- 9In large mixing bowl combine sugar, flour and cocoa.
- 10Add milk using wire whip and Mix well.
- 11Cook in microwave for 2 minutes and whip.
- 12Cook in microwave for another minute and whip.
- 13Add beaten eggs and cook for 2 minutes in microwave and whip. (You may need to cook for another minute or two until the right consistency.).
- 14After cooking add butter and vanilla.
- 15Cool for a few minutes and pour into cooked pie shell.
- 16Cover filling with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 17When pie is chilled, top with 7 minute frosting (see recipe below).
- 18Use a kitchen torch to brown frosting.
- 19FOR SEVEN MINUTE FROSTING - TOPPING for 2 pies.
- 20Place all ingredients except vanilla in top of double boiler (not over heat).
- 21Beat 1 minute with electric mixer to blend.
- 22Place over boiling water and cook, beating constantly, till frosting forms stiff peaks, about 7 minutes (don't overcook).
- 23Remove from boiling water. Add vanilla, beat till spreading consistency, 2 minutes.
- 24Spread on chilled chocolate pies. Brown top with cooking torch and serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Chocolate Pie – With Seven Minute Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g