Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
As the title says, it is better than any cake you have ever eaten.
- 4 ounces baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping (Do not thaw.)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (Planter's brand preferred)
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- CHOP 2 chocolate squares.
- Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water in large bowl with mixer on low speed just until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes
- Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Pour into 2 greased 9-inch round pans.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minute or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minute
- Loosen cakes from sides of pans. Invert onto racks; gently remove pans.
- Cool cakes completely.
- PLACE COOL WHIP and remaining chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minute or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 minute
- Let stand 15 minute to thicken.
- Stack cake layers on plate, filling and frosting with COOL WHIP frosting.
- Garnish with nuts.
- Keep refrigerated.