Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best recipe I have ever found for chocolate frosting! I have also used molasses in place of the honey, but some don't like the flavor as much. This is the frosting I always use on my gingerbread.
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened) or 3 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- In small bowl, beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar and milk.
- Beat to spreading consistency.
I doubled this frosting and it was enough to cover a double layer 9in round cake. However the family didnt think it was anything special. It was just ok. Thanks for posting. Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag.