I started with the basic back of the chip bag recipe and have modified it until I ended up with this final recipe. The cookies will be slightly chewy, but crisp on the edges for dunking. This recipe makes about 10 dozen cookies. I put the dough in wax paper and freeze in 1 dozen size rolls. Just remove the paper, slice the cookies, and bake straight from the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups oatmeal
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, chopped fine
- 3 cups nuts, chopped
- 1Measure oatmeal into food processor and blend until oatmeal is fine and powdery.
- 2Place oatmeal in large bowl.
- 3Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Stir together with oatmeal until well blended.
- 5In a seperate large bowl (or stand mixer) cream together butter and sugar.
- 6Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 7Mix in molasses and vanilla until well blended.
- 8Add in flour in four batches, stirring only until blended.
- 9Fold in chocolate chips, chocolate bar, and nuts.
- 10Scoop onto greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart. Tbsp size scoop will make 120 cookies.
- 11Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, depending on cookie size. Cookies will be crispy on edges, but look soft in center.
- 12This dough freezes well for up to 2 months in standard freezer.
- 13To freeze, scoop out 1 cup of dough onto a sheet of wax paper.
- 14Shape into 2 inch wide log and roll paper around dough.
- 15Secure edges of paper with rubber bands. It will look like a cookie dough Tootsie Roll.
- 16To bake, remove dough from wax paper, slice and bake. No thawing required.
- 17Baking time may need increased 2-3 minutes if dough is frozen.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 120
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 94.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g