Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are our favorite. I usually make 1/2 and freeze the rest for later in the week when we run out.
- 2 cups margarine (stick margarine only)
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix flour, soda and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Cream together margarine and sugars.
- Beat eggs into sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes .
- Cookies should be brown around the edges and will finish cooking on the sheet when removed from the oven.
EVERYONE LOVES THESE COOKIES! I recommend using butter instead of margarine for better tasting cookies, and my oven took 12 minutes to make them golden and perfect. I couldn't believe how fast these cookies were eaten!! They are great!!
Very nice cookie. I also substituted butter and had good results. I only wanted to make a half a recipe so entered 3.5 to resize. Made about 2 1/2 dozen.
Wonderful recipe, and definitely a keeper. I have tried many chocolate chip cookie recipes and this is definitely one of the best I have tried so far, and I am a grandmother with lots of cookie baking experience. I added 3T sour cream to the butter/sugar mix. (I read that suggestion somewhere recently, I tried it and liked it.)