Recipe by tunasushi
I finally found the BEST recipe after ages and ages of attempts to make the best chocolate chip cookies
Top Review by AKA_Muddee
I've been looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe and this is it! The flavour was perfect and they ended up nice and crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside (they also didn't go rock hard the next day). With my oven I had to add an extra 5 minutes to the cook time. I'll be doing some variations on these in the future I think the dough will work well with many other add-ins.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well for about another 45 seconds.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and coffee together. Add the sifted ingredients into the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in your chocolate chips. Form the dough into rather large balls and place it on the cookie sheet, 3-inches apart. Press it down to make a 2-inch wide thick but slightly flat disc.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Let cool on the sheets for about 4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to totally cool off.
- Variations: chocolate-chocolate chip cookies - add 1/4 cup cocoa to the sifted ingredients.
- You can also use peanut butter chips, or using the chocolate-chocolate version, Make white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies. The variations are endless!