Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe has been in the family for many years. Great for those cool fall nights or a Monday Night Football party.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (30 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (30 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- fritos-style corn chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Brown ground beef and onions together in skillet.
- Sprinkle flour over cooked meat.
- Puree whole tomatoes in blender
- Combine meat, pureed tomato, and remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook for 8hrs on low or 4hrs on high.
- Top with fritos-style corn chips and sour cream.
I have never made chili before so I was a little nervous about trying this recipe. It was so delicious! I cooked it on low for 8 hours. My family loved it! My daughter said it was the best chili she had ever had. I served it with cornbread and salad (no fritos chip or sour cream) and I used 93% lean ground beef to lower the fat. Can't wait to eat left overs!