Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is sooooo good. Use it for a salad or a sandwich sprea--yummy!
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, boiled chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Durkee's sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or enough to moisten)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons capers
- sliced ripe olives (to garnish)
- salt and pepper (again, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the chicken in water with the next 4 ingredients.
- Remove the chicken from the broth; strain out the vegetables and set aside.
- Cool the chicken. Skin and bone chicken and chop it into chunks making sure there is no skin or gristle in the meat.
- Mix in the reserved cooked vegetables and all the other ingredients.
- Serve on individual lettuce leaves and garnish with a dab of mayo and olive slices.
- This can also be used as a great sandwich spread.