1 hr 30 mins
I've played with chicken soup recipes for years, and when I made it last week I paid particular attention to measurements so I could share this here. Keep in mind that seasonings, meat and noodle content are all adjustable according to personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken in a large stock pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer about 30 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- 3Skim impurities from the broth as needed.
- 4Remove chicken parts from liquid and set aside to cool.
- 5When cool enough to handle, remove the skin and bones.
- 6Pull meat apart.
- 7(At this point you can use whatever meat you like. I use the legs, thighs and wings in the soup and save the breast meat for other uses; but you need to simmer the whole chicken to get enough flavor in the broth).
- 8Add the carrot, celery flakes, greek seasonings, chicken bouillon and 4 cups water to the broth.
- 9Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 10Adjust seasonings to taste, add more water if you think you need it to cook the noodles.
- 11Add the chicken.
- 12Bring the broth to a boil and add the noodles (more or less depending on taste).
- 13Simmer rapidly until noodles are cooked through, about 7- 10 minutes.
- 14Serve hot.
- 15(Note: Leftovers are good, but the noodles absorb the liquid so you may have to add more broth).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.0
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 179.1 mg
- Sodium 505.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes