Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on my AllRecipes.com app and amended it a bit. It's the most simple, delicious fried rice recipe. Also, completely customizable! Add whichever veggies you like!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups white rice, cooked and cold
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- Beat egg with water in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add egg and let it lie flat until cooked. Remove from skillet and cut into shreds.
- Add onion to skillet. (The recipe called for 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to be added also, but I found that this made the dish too greasy.) Saute onion until tender.
- Add rice, soy sauce, pepper, and chicken. (Make sure the rice is COLD before adding it to the skillet! It gets messy if it's not cold -- ) Stir fry together for about 5 minutes then stir in egg.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I have never been able to make decent fried rice and after following your easy recipe, I made this. Thanks again!
This wasn't bad. It wasn't "the best ever", but it wasn't bad, either. The prime benefit of this recipe is that it's easy to make. Whenever you have leftover chicken or leftover rice, you can make this tasty dish quickly and easily. You can also readily increase the recipe for a pot luck.