Recipe by bridgettels
I found this on my AllRecipes.com app and amended it a bit. It's the most simple, delicious fried rice recipe. Also, completely customizable! Add whichever veggies you like!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups white rice, cooked and cold
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg with water in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add egg and let it lie flat until cooked. Remove from skillet and cut into shreds.
- Add onion to skillet. (The recipe called for 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to be added also, but I found that this made the dish too greasy.) Saute onion until tender.
- Add rice, soy sauce, pepper, and chicken. (Make sure the rice is COLD before adding it to the skillet! It gets messy if it's not cold -- ) Stir fry together for about 5 minutes then stir in egg.