I found this on my AllRecipes.com app and amended it a bit. It's the most simple, delicious fried rice recipe. Also, completely customizable! Add whichever veggies you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg with water in a small bowl.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add egg and let it lie flat until cooked. Remove from skillet and cut into shreds.
- 3Add onion to skillet. (The recipe called for 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to be added also, but I found that this made the dish too greasy.) Saute onion until tender.
- 4Add rice, soy sauce, pepper, and chicken. (Make sure the rice is COLD before adding it to the skillet! It gets messy if it's not cold -- ) Stir fry together for about 5 minutes then stir in egg.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Chicken Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 738.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: