Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delectable dish for a dinner party.
Make and share this Best Ever Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices cooked ham
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- minced parsley
- ground black pepper
- 8 round toothpicks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian bread, crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbell's condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Cut each breast in half and beat halves with meat tenderizer until flat.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each flattened breast half. Then sprinkle with minced parsley and pepper to taste.
- Roll up breast halves and secure with toothpicks.
- Roll breast halves in flour, dip in egg and roll in bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown chicken on all sides.
- Remove chicken rolls from skillet and place in 9x14x2-inch baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet drippings, stir to blend well.
- Pour over chicken and bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Note: You can also serve these as appetizers by baking the chicken rolls without the sauce, slice rolls into pinwheels crosswise, and serve with heated sauce.