Recipe by Noo
This is such an easy recipe, but so tasty. I used to put it on the menu of the gastro pub where I worked-people used to phone us to see if it was on and reserve portions! Even my Pops loves this and he is impossibly critical!Hope you enjoy!!
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
This is a very tasty dish! I went to an Indian grocery store to buy chili powder but I was fearful that it would be too hot for us, so I used a total of 1 teaspoon for a triple batch of sauce, and it was just the right amount of heat. I made the sauce ahead of time, and then added 12 skinless chicken thighs and baked at 300 F. until they were tender. I did not add any water when I added the chicken. The sauce was fairly thick at that point, but the juices from the chicken while baking gave the perfect consistency to the finished sauce. I'm thinking that next time I might add coconut milk instead of cream to finish the sauce, just because I like it so much.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml garam masala
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 44.37 ml tomato puree
- 29.58 ml Greek yogurt
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh coriander
- 29.58 ml mango chutney
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml oil
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 29.58 ml single cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together the tomato puree, yoghurt, garam masala, chili powder, garlic, mango chutney, salt and sugar.
- Heat oil and add tomato mixture-cook for approx 2 minutes-stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped chicken and a little cold water,and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add chilies, coriander and cream, stir in well and cook for a few minutes more. If the sauce is a little thick just add water to achieve your preferred consistency.
- Serve with boiled rice and/or naan bread.
- N.B-This freezes well-sometimes I just make the sauce up and freeze little tubs of it.